Cheesy Chicken Supper
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed broccoli cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup french-fried onions
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, cook and stir the broccoli in oil for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the chicken, soup, milk and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until chicken is heated through.
- Top with the cheese and onions. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 388 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 849mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Jul 24, 2014
Makes a delicious meal.
Jul 5, 2012
I liked this more than my husband did. I only like to make things that he really loves so I may or may not make it again.
Nov 17, 2011
This was excellent after I changed it a bit. I used a full 12 oz bag of broccoli florets and added 1/2 c. grated parmesan and 1/2 c. of additional french-fried onions to the mixture as it simmered.
Feb 23, 2011
next time chicken ricearoni...
Aug 17, 2010
Plain rice doesn't cut it in this receipe. I might add chicken broth or more broc. cheese soup. I used fresh florets instead of frozen. It was alright, just missing some additional flavor.
Aug 1, 2010
Very tasty and easy to make.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.