Cheesy Chicken Supper
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed broccoli cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup french-fried onions
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, cook and stir the broccoli in oil for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the chicken, soup, milk and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until chicken is heated through.
- Top with the cheese and onions. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 388 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 849mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Jul 24, 2014
Makes a delicious meal.
Jul 5, 2012
I liked this more than my husband did. I only like to make things that he really loves so I may or may not make it again.
Nov 17, 2011
This was excellent after I changed it a bit. I used a full 12 oz bag of broccoli florets and added 1/2 c. grated parmesan and 1/2 c. of additional french-fried onions to the mixture as it simmered.
Feb 23, 2011
next time chicken ricearoni...
Aug 17, 2010
Plain rice doesn't cut it in this receipe. I might add chicken broth or more broc. cheese soup. I used fresh florets instead of frozen. It was alright, just missing some additional flavor.
Aug 1, 2010
Very tasty and easy to make.