Cheesy Chicken-Spinach Pasta Salad
Hot summer nights call for cool salads such as this. I created the recipe by accident one day when tossing together whatever ingredients I had on hand.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-3/4 cups uncooked small pasta shells
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2-1/2 cups julienned cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash each garlic powder and cayenne pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse in cold water and drain well. In a large bowl, gently toss the pasta, spinach, chicken, blue cheese and pine nuts. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Originally published as Chicken-Spinach Pasta Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.