Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 package (12 ounces) spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, optional
- 1. In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Stir in cheese until melted. Add the spaghetti and olives if desired.
- 2. Transfer to two greased 11x7-in. baking dishes. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the second casserole at 325° for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer.
- 3. To use the frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Bake as directed.
1 each: 421 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 1163mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Jan 24, 2019This has been a family favorite since it came out. I have been making it for years. Everyone raves about it. It is a race to see who gets the last bite!!!
Jan 14, 2017
Jul 25, 2011
I made this chhicken Spaghetti recipe for sons wedding and it was a big hit with the crowd. I have made it for others since then.
Apr 26, 2010
I've been making this since the recipe was first published. It's one of my familys favorites.
Dec 31, 2009
gave it only 4 stars as is because I don't care for velvetta cheese but we used American cheese and it turned out fabulous.
Dec 31, 1969
this was a really good and filling casserole. Quite easy also!