Cheesy Chicken Sandwiches
"My family and friends just can't get enough of this quick chicken smothered with mozzarella, green pepper and onion," writes Jimmie Patterson from Reynolds, Georgia. With toasted rolls, the recipe makes super sandwiches that you will want to serve-and you and others will enjoy-again and again.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 sandwich rolls, split and toasted
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 5 minutes. Turn chicken.
- Add green pepper and onion to skillet. Cook 5 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Spoon vegetables over chicken; top with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Serve on rolls.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 479 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 517mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 40g protein.
Originally published as Cheesy Chicken Sandwiches in Quick Cooking September/October 2004