Cheesy Chicken Roll-Ups
Until I served my family these slightly spicy chicken breasts, they never cared for white meat. Now they prefer them to dark meat...and to just about anything I make!
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 8 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 block (6 ounces) cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed cheddar cheese crackers (about 2 cups whole crackers)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut cheese into eight 3-1/2-in. x 3/4-in. sticks. Place one cheese stick in the center of each chicken breast. Fold long sides over cheese; fold ends up and secure with a toothpick if necessary.
- In a bowl, combine crackers and taco seasoning. Dip chicken in butter, then roll in crumb mixture. Place, seam side down, in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
Microwave Directions: Place chicken rolls in a greased 13-in.x 9-in. x 2-in. microwave-safe baking dish. Cover with waxed paper and microwave on high for 5 minutes. turn each roll; cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. This recipe was tested in a 700-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 329 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 498mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 33g protein.
Originally published as Cheesy Chicken Roll-Ups in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.