Until I served my family these slightly spicy chicken breasts, they never cared for white meat. Now they prefer them to dark meat...and to just about anything I make!
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 block (6 ounces) cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed cheddar cheese crackers (about 2 cups whole crackers)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut cheese into eight 3-1/2-in. x 3/4-in. sticks. Place one cheese stick in the center of each chicken breast. Fold long sides over cheese; fold ends up and secure with a toothpick if necessary. In a bowl, combine crackers and taco seasoning. Dip chicken in butter, then roll in crumb mixture. Place, seam side down, in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Chicken Roll-Ups in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p56