Cheesy Chicken Fajita Pizza
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, onion and green pepper in oil until chicken juices run clear; drain. Sprinkle with chili powder and garlic powder.
- Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Spoon chicken mixture over crust. Top with picante sauce; sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 390 calories, 20g fat (8g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 643mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Jan 11, 2018
This pizza was just average, written as is. Flavor was a bit bland. I have a similar recipe that uses a different crust but adds cumin and salt. That small addition makes a huge difference in flavor. This is a decent base recipe but needs adjustments.
May 8, 2011
Very good pizza. I used rotisserie chicken and a combination of taco sauce and mild picante sauce. It could use more green pepper.
Feb 10, 2009
Made this tonight and it was pretty good. I added some black beans and corn to it, next time I'll add some chiles.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.