Cheesy Chicken Crepes Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups thinly sliced fresh mushrooms (8 ounces)
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1. In a medium bowl, beat eggs. Add flour, salt and milk; stir until smooth. Let stand 15 minutes. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. skillet; add 1/4 cup batter, lift and turn pan to cover bottom. Cook until lightly browned on one side. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. Stack crepes with waxed paper between them. For filling, saute mushrooms and onions in butter in a large skillet until mushrooms are tender; set aside. In a 2-qt. saucepan, combine mayonnaise, flour, rosemary, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes. Gradually stir in 1-1/2 cups milk. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Add 1 cup cheese and stir until melted. Remove from the heat; add chicken and the mushroom mixture. Spoon 1/3 cup down the center of each crepe. Roll up and place seam side down, in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Heat remaining milk and cheese, stirring until cheese is melted. Pour over crepes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
2 each: 635 calories, 44g fat (16g saturated fat), 215mg cholesterol, 886mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Chicken Crepes
"This recipe doesn't take any talent...just time! These crepes are amazing and every single time I make them for company, they are a hit. I leave out the mushrooms in a couple for myself and you could also add some other favorite ingredients. LOVE this!"