- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1-1/2 cups water, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pound process American cheese, cubed
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, tomatoes, chicken, corn, 1 cup water, onion and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until the corn is tender. Combine the flour and remaining water until smooth; stir into the soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to low; stir in the cheese until melted. Yield: 9 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews forCheesy Chicken Corn Soup
"This was very good, very filling and quick and easy to prepare. I didn't have frozen corn so I substituted 2 cans of whole kernel corn with no salt added and included the liquid. I don't used processed cheese so I used shredded cheddar cheese. We love Mexican food so I added about 3/4 teaspoon of cumin to give it more of a Mexican flavor. I will be making this again!"
"This was really good and my kids loved it! We also love it because it is already gluten free and we don't have to alter it."
"Excellent because my hubby loves this one! He likes cooked cauliflower added to it too and since I usually don't buy processed cheese, I make a homemade cheese sauce instead of Velveeta."
"Real tasty. I used RoTel Original and it was pretty 'spicy'. Will try the Mild version next time but will definitely make it again."