Cheesy Chicken 'n' Shells Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup process cheese (Velveeta), diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the flour and water until smooth. Gradually stir in broth.
- 2. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add the soup, cheese and seasonings. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 3. Drain pasta; place in a bowl. Stir i soup mixture and chicken. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2 qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2-4 servings.
1 cup: 429 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 1304mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Chicken 'n' Shells
"Absolutely amazing! Easily one of my family's favorite meals."
"This really wasn't all that great. I thought it was bland. I would rather make Mac and cheese and put chicken in it. I won't make this again. I just didn't think it was worth the trouble. We didn't even eat the leftovers :("
"I served this to 3 friends and they loved it. I added more cheese than the recipe called for and it was very yummy! Will definitely serve this again."
"I added 3/4 cup of peas & carrots. Tasted fabulous!"
"Whole family loved it!"
"very good! wouldn't change a thing!"
"The cheese sauce is absolutely delicious. Overall, the recipe is great. I added double the amount of salt (used reduced sodium broth to control salt content) and pepper and add a dash of red pepper."
"It was alright but pretty average. I didn't add salt and it was still a little salty."
"I used 2 cups whole wheat shells, and used 3 cups shredded cheese instead of velveeta. I topped it off with crumbled Cheez-its."