- 1-1/4 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen broccoli with cheese sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat broccoli with cheese sauce according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add chicken, onion, salt and pepper; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and onion is tender. Drain orzo. Stir orzo and broccoli with cheese sauce into skillet; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCheesy Chicken & Broccoli Orzo
"I was excited to try this recipe. I don't like using the broccoli with the cheese sauce (is that really cheese?), so I made it as per the recipe except I used plain frozen broccoli and added my own cheese. While I liked the idea, and how it all can go in one pot, it was bland. Next time, maybe I'll cook the orzo in chicken broth, or cook the chicken in Italian dressing. It just needs a little bit more flavor."
"quick and easy recipe. My family and I love everything in this dish but unfortunately we weren't impressed with this recipe. Even though I added more seasoning than what was called for in the recipe, it lacked flavor. Might be better with rotisserie chicken, more butter, spices, and maybe heavy cream. Family really didn't like this one, so won't be trying again."
"easy and delicious. Reheated well in microwave with a few drops of water added."
"was a good quick meal. added more butter than what it called for"