- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (6 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large saucepan, combine soup, sour cream, 1 cup cheese and 1-1/4 cups onions; heat through over medium heat, stirring until blended, 4-5 minutes. Stir in broccoli. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, until bubbly, 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and onions. Bake until cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCheesy Cheddar Broccoli Casserole
"I liked using this as a base recipie then adding to it. I sauteed onions, garlic, butter and added the veggies to the onions (frozen corn and julienned carrots and a small broccoli crown-had them in the fridge and wanted to use them up) added salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. In separate pan did the cream of mushroom (may do cream of celery next time) then sour cream and closer to a cup and half of cheese then added a few handfuls of spinach and the crunchy onions. Cooked two cups of whole wheat penne then combined everything in a casserole dish topped with cheese and crunchy onions. Super tasty!"
"Amount of sour cream took over the taste (and smell) of this recipe. May be using half may have changed things?"
"This is a favorite recipe with my family. The sour cream is the secret ingredient. I used frozen egg noodles and Pacific cream of chicken sauteed onion and mushrooms."
"Very good casserole and simple to pit tovether!!"
"This is a good recipe. It is Green Bean casserole using broccoli instead of green beans."
"Made this today as written, except with fresh broccoli. Everybody loved it! Will be my 'go-to' broccoli casserole from now on."
"Very delicious !"
"I made this for Christmas and everyone loved it.I have been making it ever since."
"I made this at Christmas and everyone loved it and I have been making it ever since."
"Made this for an event & came home with only half gone. Wasn't received very well."