- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (6 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large saucepan, combine soup, sour cream, 1 cup cheese and 1-1/4 cups onions; heat through over medium heat, stirring until blended, 4-5 minutes. Stir in broccoli. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, until bubbly, 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and onions. Bake until cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCheesy Cheddar Broccoli Casserole
"Amount of sour cream took over the taste (and smell) of this recipe. May be using half may have changed things?"
"This is a favorite recipe with my family. The sour cream is the secret ingredient. I used frozen egg noodles and Pacific cream of chicken sauteed onion and mushrooms."
"Very good casserole and simple to pit tovether!!"
"This is a good recipe. It is Green Bean casserole using broccoli instead of green beans."
"Made this today as written, except with fresh broccoli. Everybody loved it! Will be my 'go-to' broccoli casserole from now on."
"Very delicious !"
"I made this for Christmas and everyone loved it.I have been making it ever since."
"I made this at Christmas and everyone loved it and I have been making it ever since."
"Made this for an event & came home with only half gone. Wasn't received very well."
"My entire family loved it. Very easy to make."