Cheesy Canadian Bacon & Potato Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + standing
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat condensed broccoli cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 package (28 ounces) frozen O'Brien potatoes, thawed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound Jones Canadian Bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a food processor, combine the soup, cottage cheese and sour cream; cover and process until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, garlic powder and pepper; stir in Canadian bacon and soup mixture. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 133 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 478mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.
Jan 22, 2010
I took this for a brunch potluck, and everyone loved it. I used turkey ham instead of Canadian bacon, and I put a little more shredded cheese on the top. It turned out great! One warning: be sure to thaw out the potatoes. If you don't, the potatoes be a little crunchy.
Feb 11, 2009
Makes a great breakfast dish. I tweaked it a bit and halved it baked in a 8x8 dish for just my husband and me. I used ham instead of c.bacon, and Simply Potatoes refrigerated brand instead of O'Brien. It still tasted GREAT, besides the extra dish to wash (blender), it's a simple recipe and will def. add to our dinner repetoire.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.