Cheesy Brussels Sprouts
Even kids are likely to go for this microwave-quick and cheesy vegetable side dish! Margaret Wilson - Hemet, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Dash of pepper
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine brussels sprouts and water. Cover and microwave on high for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring once. Drain.
- Stir in soup and milk. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, walnuts, butter and pepper; sprinkle over brussels sprouts. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 195 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 419mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 5g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Brussels Sprouts with Walnuts in Simple & Delicious November/December 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.