Cheesy Bruschetta Spread
Every bite of this cheesy dip delivers tons of flavor. I have been asked over and over again for the recipe. It's so easy to make and a great appetizer for any time of year. —Maggie McDermott, Central Square, New York
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 1-1/2 hours
Makesabout 4 cups
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 carton (8 ounces) fresh mozzarella cheese pearls, drained
- Minced fresh basil, optional
- French bread slices (1/2 inch thick), toasted
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, pesto, salt and pepper until combined. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. Cook, covered, on low until heated though and cheese begins to melt, 1-1/2-2 hours. If desired, sprinkle with basil. Serve with toasted bread.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 61 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Bangin' Bruschetta Dip in Simple & Delicious June/July 2019
Oct 8, 2019
Turned out fantastic!
Jun 28, 2019
The flavor of this dip really can change depending on the pesto you use. I much prefer using homemade pesto to jarred pesto. This is a hit with both adults and kids alike at my last cookout.
Jun 4, 2019