Cheesy Broccoli-Rice Bake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine soups, milk and sour cream. Stir in cheeses, rice, broccoli, onion, 3/4 teaspoon of paprika and pepper.
- Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining paprika. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until rice and broccoli are tender.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 153 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 317mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 medium-fat meat.
Aug 10, 2014
I love this recipe. I changed it a little by adding roasted chicken and making it a real meal instead of a side dish.
Sep 27, 2009
A tasty and easy down-home type side side. Real comfort food. Next time I'm going to put browned pork chops or chicken breasts on top for a 1-dish meal.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.