Looking for a new side dish for your holiday dinners? Try this recipe that combines tender rice, nutritious broccoli and savory cheese!— Karen Weavill, Johnston, Rhode Island
Recommended: 65 of Our Favorite Casserole Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 cups fresh or frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the rice, broccoli and cheddar cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Broccoli Rice in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p213
Reviews forCheesy Broccoli Rice
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review