- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed, drained and patted dry
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 package (6 ounces) reduced-sodium stuffing mix
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cheese, stuffing mix, onion, egg, nutmeg and pepper. Gradually stir in milk and broth.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews forCheesy Broccoli Casserole
"I made this with fresh broccoli that I blanched first - very tasty and a big hit"