Our children refused to eat broccoli, then I discovered this simple recipe. It has tender rice in a cheese sauce. The kids hardly notice the broccoli.—Dawn Trapp, West Fargo, North Dakota
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese spread
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a bowl, combine the broccoli, soup, cheese spread and rice. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 15 minutes longer. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Broccoli Bake in Taste of Home December/January 1999, p14
Reviews forCheesy Broccoli Bake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 24, 2013
"Um-num-num my family gobbled it down,and my son hates broccoli! He loved!!! ;-)"