- 6 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable garlic and herb cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Add onions; cook and stir until liquid has evaporated. Set aside.
- Cut French bread in half lengthwise and then widthwise; spread cut sides with cream cheese. Combine the Italian cheese, mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese; spread over bread. Top with mushroom mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. If desired, broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes or until golden brown. Slice and serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forCheesy Bread
"Next time I will use only half the cream cheese spread -- it overwhelmed the other flavors. Definitely a keeper!"