Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 6 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable garlic and herb cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Add onions; cook and stir until liquid has evaporated. Set aside.
- Cut French bread in half lengthwise and then widthwise; spread cut sides with cream cheese. Combine the Italian cheese, mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese; spread over bread. Top with mushroom mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. If desired, broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes or until golden brown. Slice and serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 308 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 534mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 30, 2011
Next time I will use only half the cream cheese spread -- it overwhelmed the other flavors. Definitely a keeper!
Jan 28, 2011
I served this bread with grilled chicken & asparagus. My husband LOVED it. I couldn't find the garlic & herb cream cheese so I used the "soft spreadable cheese" that comes in a tub. I thought it's flavor was a little strong so will use less next time.