Cheesy BLT Salad
"Frank's Salad" is what this was called at Palm's Cafe in Columbus, Indiana. When my new husband and I were just out of college with little money for entertainment or dining out, we enjoyed this salad often. It has remained a favorite in a family that grew from two to seven. -Maxine Wheeler, Columbus, Indiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons chopped sweet pickles
- 1/4 cup cubed Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup French salad dressing
- In a salad bowl, toss the greens, tomatoes, bacon, pickles and cheese. In a small bowl or pitcher, combine mayonnaise and French dressing; serve with the salad.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 670 calories, 62g fat (15g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 1596mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Cheesy BLT Salad in Reminisce Extra April 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.