Cheesy BLT Salad
"Frank's Salad" is what this was called at Palm's Cafe in Columbus, Indiana. When my new husband and I were just out of college with little money for entertainment or dining out, we enjoyed this salad often. It has remained a favorite in a family that grew from two to seven. -Maxine Wheeler, Columbus, Indiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons chopped sweet pickles
- 1/4 cup cubed Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup French salad dressing
- In a salad bowl, toss the greens, tomatoes, bacon, pickles and cheese. In a small bowl or pitcher, combine mayonnaise and French dressing; serve with the salad.