Cheesy Biscuit Triangles
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, divided
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, 1/4 teaspoon oregano and 1/4 teaspoon basil. Set one egg white aside. In a bowl, combine the egg, cheeses, buttermilk, sour cream and remaining egg white; mix well. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Cut into twelve 3-in. squares; cut each diagonally in half. Place triangles on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Beat reserved egg white; brush over tops. Sprinkle with remaining oregano and basil. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
2 each: 128 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Sep 1, 2013
Very good!!! Melt in your mouth. If you don't want to make the triangles, you can simply cut them as traditional biscuits and they turn out just as well!