Cheesy Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), cubed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat in oil until no longer pink. Add the mushrooms, salt and pepper. Combine soup and milk; add to skillet. Reduce heat; stir in sour cream. Cook 30 minutes longer (do not boil).
- 2. Add cheeses; heat for 5 minutes or until melted. Serve with noodles or rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Beef Stroganoff
"I used ground hamburger instead of the sirloin tip's. And I used Pepper Jack Monterey jack cheese with jalapeno pepper's, it gave it a nice bite to it. I am making it to night. This is my second time making it. I put it over egg noodle's. My husband love's it !!!"
"I used minute steaks instead of the sirloin tips for this recipe. It was delicious. Probably the best steak and gravy I have ever made.Would be great over noodles, mashed potatoes or rice.If the ratings went higher than 5 stars I would rate it even higher!"
"We love this recipe! Although had us Wisconsinites anything with cheese in it and we're bound to love it ;)"