Cheesy Beef Pockets
Ground beef is my favorite meat to cook with because it's so versatile and economical. Refrigerated biscuits save the trouble of making dough from scratch.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 2/3 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion, salt and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain and cool.
- Place two biscuits overlapping on a floured surface; roll into a 6-in. oval. Place about 1/4 cup of meat mixture on one side; sprinkle with about 2 tablespoons cheese. Moisten edges with water. Fold dough over filling; press edges with a fork to seal. Repeat with remaining biscuits, meat mixture and cheese.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Prick tops with a fork. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Pricking the tips of Cheesy Beef Pockets helps steam escape during baking. If you don't do this, the pockets will puff up and may break open.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.