Ground beef is my favorite meat to cook with because it's so versatile and economical. Refrigerated biscuits save the trouble of making dough from scratch.
Recommended: 35 Easy Dinners to Try This Winter
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 2/3 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion, salt and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain and cool.
- Place two biscuits overlapping on a floured surface; roll into a 6-in. oval. Place about 1/4 cup of meat mixture on one side; sprinkle with about 2 tablespoons cheese. Moisten edges with water. Fold dough over filling; press edges with a fork to seal. Repeat with remaining biscuits, meat mixture and cheese.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Prick tops with a fork. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Beef Pockets in 5-Ingredient Recipe Cards 2013 2013