Cheesy Beef Pasta
A satisfying supper's just 15 minutes away with this can't-miss stovetop dish. As Janalee Watkins of Vernal, Utah explains, "Four cheeses blend with the ground beef and tomatoes for a pasta entree that's rich and flavorful."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/4 cup each shredded Swiss, cheddar and Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 3 minutes. Stir in onions and cream cheese. Cook and stir until cream cheese is melted. Drain pasta; add to the beef mixture. Stir in the shredded cheeses and salt.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 548 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 969mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 39g protein.
Originally published as Cheesy Beef Pasta in Quick Cooking November/December 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.