A satisfying supper's just 15 minutes away with this can't-miss stovetop dish. As Janalee Watkins of Vernal, Utah explains, "Four cheeses blend with the ground beef and tomatoes for a pasta entree that's rich and flavorful."
Recommended: 35 Easy Dinners to Try This Winter
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/4 cup each shredded Swiss, cheddar and Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 3 minutes. Stir in onions and cream cheese. Cook and stir until cream cheese is melted. Drain pasta; add to the beef mixture. Stir in the shredded cheeses and salt. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Beef Pasta in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p53