- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Combine with cottage cheese, olives, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Place about 1/3 cup filling on each tortilla; roll up. Place tortillas, seam side down, in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- For sauce, saute the onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Add the tomato sauce, green chilies, chili powder, sugar and garlic powder. Pour over tortillas.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCheesy Beef Enchiladas
"These were pretty tasty but I have to agree with previous reviewers in that it was a bit on the bland side. Sometimes I would get a yummy bite but mostly it was just a tad underwhelming. We put chunky salsa on top and that helped. Next time I think I'd just do normal canned enchilada sauce (adding in the pepper & onion). I docked a star off because the tortillas were starting to taste gummy already after baking, so I know the leftovers are going to not be so good. Maybe next time I'd try toasting the tortillas first, then using them in the recipe. Otherwise, a decent recipe."
"The best beef enchilada recipe we use!"
"My wife and I like this recipe, I followed it to the letter. It says to put in ungreased pan, I won't do that again, it stuck to the dish and it was hard getting it out in one piece. We didn't think it was bland. I wouldn't omit or add anything to this recipe."
"Thought it was kind of bland....I might use the idea and and my own little kick next time"
"To add... I also add about 2Tsp of taco seasoning."
"These are REALLY easy and REALLY good to make! I do add some chopped & peeled green chiles too. Also, I don't make the "Sauce" I just use a 16oz jar of El Paso Chunky salsa (makes this even quicker)."
"Omitted olives for our personal taste. Delicious. Great recipe to freeze too for smaller families."
"My husband really liked this recipe. I thought it was somewhat bland so I added salsa at the table."
"Family raved on how good this was. Hardly had any leftovers."
"This is a fabulous recipe. I have made it many times already, and it is definitely my favorite. :) When I was out of tomato sauce I used V8 juice & it was really good! This has become a regular at our house. I love it!"