These satisfying sandwiches from Marlene Harguth of Maynard, Minnesota would be great to put together ahead of time and wrap in foil until ready to bake. Warm from the oven, the crispy buns are piled with cheesy slices of roast beef.
Recommended: Restaurant Recipes You Can Make at Home
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 1 pound thinly sliced cooked roast beef
- 6 French or Italian sandwich buns, split
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in cheese sauce until melted. Cook and stir until heated through. Stir in beef until evenly coated. Spoon onto buns; wrap each in aluminum foil. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until bread is crispy. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Beef Buns in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p12