- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated fully cooked barbecued shredded beef
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup french-fried onions
- Optional toppings: chopped tomatoes, chopped red onion and minced fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spread cream cheese onto bottom of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Spread evenly with beef. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and red onion. Bake 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with french-fried onions; bake 5 minutes longer. If desired, top with tomatoes, onion and cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCheesy BBQ Beef Dip
"Everyone loved this!! I modified a small portion for me as i'm on the ketogenic food plan and it was wonderful!!! Didn't bring any home...there were some comments about licking the pan after..this one is a keeper!!Holly Harz, Volunteer Field Editor"
"I improvised a little on this and it was still very good. I used my own leftover shredded beef BBQ and a mixture of jalape?o Jack and Cheddar cheeses. I think if I were to do this over, I'd use Fritos instead of the french fried onions. But this was still very tasty!!"
"NOTE: I did not use the optional toppings of the chopped tomatoes, red onion and minced cilantro! I made this recipe today for the recipe challenge. I followed recipe as it was presented with the exceptions of the chopped tomatoes, chopped red onion and minced cilantro. I plan to use this dip for our weekly potluck! This recipe is a keeper! delowenstein, Volunteer Field Editor"