Cheesy Baked Potatoes
This is a perfect recipe for two, but I also prepare it in large quantities for special occasions when we have dinner guests. One of these potatoes is practically a meal in itself. -Dolores Nemec, Garfield Heights, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 70 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Bake potatoes at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato; scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a bowl, mash the pulp, egg, milk, mayonnaise, 1/2 cup of cheese, salt and pepper. Spoon into potato shells. Top with onion, bacon and remaining cheese.
- Place in a small ungreased baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 627 calories, 30g fat (13g saturated fat), 164mg cholesterol, 788mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 6g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Cheesy Baked Potatoes in Reminisce March/April 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.