My family and I have been making this delicious holiday stuffing recipe for many years—it's a real crowd pleaser for kids of all ages. This stuffing is so delicious that no gravy is required! —Sandra Dombek, Camillus, New York
Recommended: 80 Recipes for Serious Potato Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3-1/3 cups cubed potato dinner rolls, divided
- 6 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 2/3 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 medium celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Chopped green onions, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. On an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan, bake cubed rolls until toasted, 7-10 minutes. Meanwhile, stir dressing mix into mashed potatoes.
- Fold in 2 cups cubed rolls, celery, mushrooms and bacon. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; top with remaining cubed rolls. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, 35 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake until cheese is melted and top is golden brown, 5-10 minutes longer. If desired, top with green onions. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potato Stuffing in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2018