Cheesy Bacon Penne
This satisfying classic gets its flair by mixing in two of the best foods around: bacon and garlic!—Sharon Skildum, Maple Grove, Minnesota
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in flour and pepper until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in 2 cups of cheese until melted. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Drain pasta; add pasta and 1/3 cup bacon to cheese sauce. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese and bacon.
- 3. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
1 cup: 402 calories, 24g fat (16g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 708mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC