Savory cheese and bacon and a pinch of cayenne pepper give these slightly sweet goodies a flavorful punch. They're versatile— you can serve them for breakfast or brunch...or with soup for lunch or supper.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl; combine the egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in bacon. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: 8 muffins.
Originally published as Cheesy Bacon Muffins in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1999, p12
Reviews forCheesy Bacon Muffins
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 24, 2012
"A perfect muffin for breakfast or even a late night snack. I added twice the amount of bacon and some chives. They turned out perfectly delicious!"