Cheesy Bacon Muffins
Savory cheese and bacon and a pinch of cayenne pepper give these slightly sweet goodies a flavorful punch. They're versatile— you can serve them for breakfast or brunch...or with soup for lunch or supper.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl; combine the egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in bacon. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 280 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 312mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Cheesy Bacon Muffins in Country Woman Christmas 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.