Cheesy Bacon Hash Brown Bake
"About 15 years ago, a co-worker brought these rich potatoes to a potluck, and they were an instant hit," recalls Patricia Monahan, Smithfield, Rhode Island. "I've been bringing them to gatherings ever since. I usually start with frozen hash browns, bake the casserole twice as long, then transfer it to a slow cooker to keep warm while serving."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) crumbled cooked bacon
- 6 cups cooked shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup process cheese sauce
- Set aside 1/4 cup bacon for topping. In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, mayonnaise, cheese sauce and remaining bacon.
- Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the reserved bacon. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise may not be substituted for regular mayonnaise in this recipe.
Reduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 326 calories, 27g fat (6g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 768mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Sep 14, 2011
This side dish is really good! It has good flavor, I didn't have to add anything extra. It's also very quick and very easy to make, which is a good thing if you have little time!