Cheesy Bacon Hash Brown Bake
"About 15 years ago, a co-worker brought these rich potatoes to a potluck, and they were an instant hit," recalls Patricia Monahan, Smithfield, Rhode Island. "I've been bringing them to gatherings ever since. I usually start with frozen hash browns, bake the casserole twice as long, then transfer it to a slow cooker to keep warm while serving."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) crumbled cooked bacon
- 6 cups cooked shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup process cheese sauce
- Set aside 1/4 cup bacon for topping. In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, mayonnaise, cheese sauce and remaining bacon.
- Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the reserved bacon. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise may not be substituted for regular mayonnaise in this recipe.
Reduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 326 calories, 27g fat (6g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 768mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Bacon Hash Brown Bake in Quick Cooking July/August 2003
Sep 14, 2011
This side dish is really good! It has good flavor, I didn't have to add anything extra. It's also very quick and very easy to make, which is a good thing if you have little time!