I came up with this unique breakfast dish after looking for a way to use up a few extra no-boil lasagna noodles. Try switching up the different cheeses—Swiss, pepper jack and mozzarella taste delicious in this breakfast lasagna too! —Susan Kieboam, Streetsboro, Ohio
Recommended: From the Cooking School Stage to Your Kitchen
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 2 tablespoons diced sweet or green onion
- 2 tablespoons diced sweet red pepper
- 4 large eggs
- CHEESE SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons whole-milk ricotta cheese
- Soak lasagna noodles in warm water for 20 minutes. In a small skillet, cook bacon, onion and red pepper over medium heat until bacon is crisp, 8-10 minutes. Remove 2 tablespoons bacon mixture and drain on paper towels; reserve. Whisk eggs into skillet; cook and stir until cooked through.
- Preheat oven to 350°. For cheese sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; whisk in flour until smooth. Add milk, Parmesan cheese and salt; cook and stir until thickened, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir cheddar cheese into hot mixture until smooth.
- Drain noodles on paper towels. To assemble lasagna, spread 3 tablespoons cheese sauce over bottom of a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Layer with one lasagna noodle, 3 tablespoons cheese sauce, half the egg mixture and another lasagna noodle. Layer with 3 tablespoons cheese sauce, ricotta cheese and remaining egg mixture. Top with the third noodle, remaining cheese sauce and reserved bacon mixture.
- Bake until bubbly, 10-15 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Bacon Breakfast Lasagna in Taste of Home February/March 2018
Reviews forCheesy Bacon Breakfast Lasagna
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 22, 2018
"easy to prepare , a nice presentation. Nice use for those leftover No boil Lasagna noodles."
Reviewed Mar. 17, 2018
"very tasty, prepared the night before, baked in the morning. would make again,"