Cheesy Asparagus Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of asparagus soup, undiluted
- 2 soup cans whole milk
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushroom, drained
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large kettle, cook asparagus and onion in a small amount of water until tender. Drain liquid. Add all remaining ingredients; heat over medium until the cheese is melted and the soup is hot.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 9, 2014
I use half & half instead of milk. Add one 8 oz container Philadelphia brand WHIPPED cream cheese with chive... makes for smooth texture, added flavor. Season with dried rosemary. DELICIOUS... thank you!
Aug 22, 2012
This was fantastic! I used heavy cream instead of milk, because that's how I roll (literally). :D