Cheesy Asparagus Sesame Rolls
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 12 fresh asparagus spears
- 12 bread slices, crusts removed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Trim asparagus spears to 6 in.; set aside. Flatten bread with a rolling pin. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and blue cheese until blended. Spread over bread; top with an asparagus spear and roll up tightly.
- Roll in butter; place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 210 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 351mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 2, 2014
This was one of the first recipes I ever made from TOH back in my early teens. Its very easy and a nice change from the usual way I make asparagus. I skipped the blue cheese and used chive and onion cream cheese added a dash of lemon pepper. They turned out great!
Apr 26, 2011
These were very good! A small meal or a great appetizer. Simple and yummy.
Apr 7, 2011
I remember chef Marion Rombauer Becker describing bread that was flattened out with a rolling pin as "having a dreadful texture", so I think I'll pass on this one!