Cheesy Asparagus Sesame Rolls
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 12 fresh asparagus spears
- 12 bread slices, crusts removed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Trim asparagus spears to 6 in.; set aside. Flatten bread with a rolling pin. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and blue cheese until blended. Spread over bread; top with an asparagus spear and roll up tightly.
- Roll in butter; place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 210 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 351mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Apr 2, 2014
This was one of the first recipes I ever made from TOH back in my early teens. Its very easy and a nice change from the usual way I make asparagus. I skipped the blue cheese and used chive and onion cream cheese added a dash of lemon pepper. They turned out great!
Apr 26, 2011
These were very good! A small meal or a great appetizer. Simple and yummy.
Apr 7, 2011
I remember chef Marion Rombauer Becker describing bread that was flattened out with a rolling pin as "having a dreadful texture", so I think I'll pass on this one!