Cheesy Artichoke Squares
"This is a wonderful appetizer," relates Katy Joosten of Suamico, Wisconsin. Guest are sure to love the tempting topping on the warm squares, and you will love how easy this recipe is to make with convenient crescent roll dough.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a small bowl, beat the mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, artichokes and garlic until blended.
- Unroll both tubes of crescent dough into rectangles. Place dough in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; press onto the bottom of pan, sealing seams and perforations. Spread with artichoke mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts2 pieces: 165 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 307mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Cheesy Artichoke Squares in Quick Cooking May/June 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.