Cheesy Artichoke Garlic Loaf
Even people who don't like artichokes will enjoy slices of this delicious crusty bread. The soft interior is rich with sour cream, three kinds of cheese and other goodies.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 loaf (20 inches) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 cups (8 ounces) cubed Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Additional parsley
- Carefully hollow out top and bottom of bread, leaving 1/4-in. shells; set aside. Cut removed bread into small cubes.
- In a skillet, melt butter. Add the bread cubes, garlic and sesame seeds; cook and stir until butter is absorbed. Remove from the heat.
- In a bowl, combine sour cream, Parmesan, parsley, lemon-pepper, Monterey Jack cheese, artichokes, olives and bread mixture. Spoon into bread shells; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with tomato and additional parsley. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 335 calories, 25g fat (15g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 635mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.