- 13 quarts apples (about 42 medium), peeled and sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 cups butter or margarine
- 8 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- Arrange apples in four greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Combine water and lemon juice; sprinkle over apples. Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in cheese lightly. Spread over apples. Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes, or until apples are tender and topping is crisp. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 100 servings.
Reviews forCheesy Apple Crisp
"100 servings??!! How many people make 100 servings? What's the recipe for 8 servings?"
"reminds me of one we had in school"