Cheesecake with Berries
This recipe offers a grand finale that will bring rave reviews. It’s so rich and tasty, you’ll have a hard time believing it’s light. This creamy cheesecake is ideal for any special occasion. —Julie Kocur, Abingdon, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min. + chilling
- 1-2/3 cups crushed reduced-fat vanilla wafers (about 50 wafers)
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Combine wafer crumbs, sugar substitute and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and cornstarch until smooth. Beat in the eggs, whites and vanilla on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust.
- Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. Place in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 300° for 40-45 minutes or just until center is set and top appears dull. Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. Cut into slices; top with strawberries. Refrigerate leftovers.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Splenda No Calorie Sweetener and Land O'Lakes light stick butter.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Splenda no-calorie sweetener.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 256 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 272mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.