- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted and cooled
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- Seasonal fresh fruit, optional
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, ricotta and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add butter, cornstarch, flour and vanilla; beat until smooth. Fold in sour cream. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour. Do not open oven door. Turn oven off. Let cheesecake stand in closed oven for 2 hours. Cool completely on a wire rack. Chill several hours or overnight. Top each square with fruit if desired. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews forCheesecake Squares
"These were fabulous. The family loved them."
"Did you use low fat cream cheese? Sometimes that will make a difference. Was it just the first piece or two that came out hard or all of them?"
"These were delicious with a little cherry pie filling or strawberry jam on top. My only problem was that the squares didn't come out of the pan very neatly. Any ideas? I chilled it overnight."
"This recipe is great! I have made this for large groups and it is the "perfect" dessert...Just a taste of delicious cheesecake!"
"This recipe is wonderful! I made 3 batches for an anniversary celebration. I used blueberries and strawberries and my friends loved every bit of it. This is perfect for those who do not like deserts too sweet. Thanks for sharing!"