Cheesecake Pumpkin Dessert
My family requests this dessert each Thanksgiving. For a change of pace, I sometimes use cinnamon graham crackers instead of plain ones. —Melissa Davis, Clermont, Florida
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, cracker crumbs, sugar and spices; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 10-in. tart pan with a removable bottom.
- For filling, in a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Add pumpkin and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust; sprinkle with walnuts and remaining cinnamon. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1-1/2 hours. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 327 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Pumpkin Cheesecake Dessert in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2002