Cheesecake Praline Squares
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + chilling
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, butter, pecans and confectioners' sugar. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 20-24 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the milk, vanilla and lemon peel. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and cream. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in pecans and vanilla. Pour over cheesecake. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 582 calories, 37g fat (17g saturated fat), 137mg cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Nov 21, 2014
Huge hit at Christmas. My sister-in-law requested it again for Thanksgiving this year.
Feb 24, 2013
Forgot to rate this when I actually made it a while ago now. Very good and I will make again soon!
Jul 25, 2011
These are wonderful! I've made them for quite a few events and everyone always wants the recipe.
Apr 2, 2011
The bottom is too thick and its too sweet for my taste.
Apr 5, 2010
Several people at work asked for the recipe! A definite keeper!
Mar 29, 2010
Delicious! A little difficult to cut and keep pretty, though. I cut it while it was cold and I had to wash the knife off every few inches of cutting.
Mar 3, 2010
This is probably the best cheesecake recipe I have ever made. It was excellent!
Dec 6, 2008
I brought this to a ladies Christmas party tonight for my church and they raved about this cheesecake. I toasted the pecans in the oven for about 10 minutes or so prior to adding them to the topping.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.