- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 18 squares)
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional lemon peel, optional
- Mint leaves, optional
- Combine crumbs and butter. Firmly press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Chill. In a small mixing bowl, blend cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Stir in lemon peel. Pour into prepared crust; bake at 325° for 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Spread over pie; bake 5 additional minutes. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate at least 5 hours. Garnish with additional lemon peel and mint leaves if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forCheesecake Pie
"I like making this recipe when I want cheesecake for a smaller number of people. It tastes just like my regular cheesecake recipe made in a springform pan with larger quantities of ingredients, and I don't have to worry about leftovers to tempt me! I like drizzling each slice with caramel and chocolate sauces. It looks and tastes great!"
"This is almost as good as a regular cheesecake, but so much easier to make."
"I have made several cheesecakes. This was the easiest. It did not crack and was very creamy. There were a few adjustments that I made and it turned out great:Instead of sugar I used 1/2 container sweetened condensed milk and 1 tbsp agave syrup.Used the juice and zest of 2 Meyer lemons for a tangy kick.I ran out of time and used a prepaid graham cracker crust which was the perfect size.It took an extra 10 minutes at 325 F.Omitted the topping."
"Excellent taste. Like the other commenter, I did need to bake it about 10 minutes longer before adding the topping. I made it without the crust to keep it gluten-free and it worked out nicely."
"Creamy with excellent flavor! In my oven I had to bake a little longer before adding the sour cream topping. Also used double strength vanilla. Family loved it!"
"I made this for Christmas for at my mother-in-laws request. She raved about it, said it was the best cheesecake she ever ate. The rest of my family agreed."