- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 packages (2.1 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo shells, thawed
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges slices, drained
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled, sliced and cut into quarters
- In a bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar substitute and vanilla until smooth. Pipe or spoon into phyllo shells. Top each with an orange segment and kiwi piece. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forCheesecake Phyllo Cups
"Made these recently for a small get together. easy and light! Also used sliced strawberries."
"I used wonton wrappers and cooked them ahead. I substituted mixed berries because I had them on hand. there are just two of us, so we will see how they freeze."
"instead of vanilla and gran marnier and pinch of orange zest"
"Sounds great, thanks!"
"I make Birthday Cakes for the girls in the office. This months birthday girl is on a diet so in lieu of a cake I made these. They are very easy and delicious. I kept the by the door in the office--every time someone went to the restroom they left with one of these in hand. Next time i would use 8oz cream cheese & 8oz sour cream. This recipe is a keeper."
"Never saw the little phyllo cups, where in the grocery store did you find them in the frezzer section?"
"I made this recipe, almost exactly as printed, for a card club snack, and came home with an empty container. I did increase the amount of cream cheese by 1 to 2 ounces. They were wonderful."
"Does anyone know if the miniature phyllo cups are available in Canada?"
"Can't wait to try them! A dessert that is truly diabetic friendly!"
"I work for the health dept. It was a friends birthday so we bring treats. Needless to say these were the big hit today. They dissapear\so fast, and everyone wanted the receipe. Thanks so much, love this site. Carol"