VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and pecans. Stir in butter; mix well. Set aside 1/3 cup for topping. Press remaining mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Beat in the egg, milk, lemon juice and vanilla. Pour over crust; sprinkle with reserved pecan mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until firm. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into 16 squares, then cut each square in half diagonally. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 32 bars.
Originally published as Cheesecake Dreams in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p78